The Film: Innerspace
A hapless store clerk must foil criminals to save the life of the man who, miniaturized in a secret experiment, was accidentally injected into him.
Release date: July 3, 1987
Director: Joe Dante
Story: Chip Proser
Screenplay: Jeffrey Boam and Chip Proser
Box office: $26 million
- This is the only film directed by Joe Dante to win an Academy Award. It won the Best Visual Effects award.
- When Jack is making his way to the mirror so Pendleton can have a look at his face a hiccup previously recorded by Mel Blanc which was used in various Warner Bros cartoons can be heard, which is a trademark of Director Joe Dante m m
- William Schallert was cast as Jack’s doctor as an in-joke since he had played a doctor in The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957).
- The film was shot mostly on sound stages with the exception of one month of location filming in San Fransisco, Marin County and the Galleria Mall.
- Rance Howard, father of director, Ron Howard, makes a cameo in the supermarket checkout line.
- Mel Gibson, Robin Williams Steve Martin, Billy Crystal, charles Grodin, howie mandel, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, John candy, chevy chase, Christopher Lloyd, John Lithgow, john goodman, and joe pesci were considered to play Jack Putter.
- Mel Gibson, Kevin Costner, Patrick Swayze, Tommy Lee Jones, Jeff Bridges, Richard Gere, Michael Douglas, Harrison Ford, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Michael Keaton, Tom Hanks, Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Michael Nouri, Jeff Goldblum, and Kurt Russell were considered to play Lt. Tuck Pendleton.
Cast The Remake:
Where Can We Find You:
You can catch us every other Wednesday and we will be back on September 27th to discuss the 1982 release of Blade Runner Starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, Edward James Olmos & Daryl Hannah
Our email is Feedback@ConstantCollectible.com. Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to all things Constant Collectible to keep up to date with all the news and reviews from a world of GEEK CULTURE.
I am the Founder and Editor-In-Chief of Constant Collectible.