- As the conflict spreads across the globe, will both sides lay down their arms or keep fighting to the bitter end?
- Featuring Nick Fury, Jessica Jones and the White Fox!!
- When a new Inhuman manifests the ability to profile the future, threatening to tip the scales of the Mutant/Inhuman conflict out of his favor, MAGNETO takes decisive action to safeguard the future of his people.
- But will his actions only make the future he fears most a reality?
- With the world locked in Civil War, HERCULES and the GODS OF WAR face down a catastrophic threat that the other heroes of the Marvel Universe are blind to.
- Can they prevail alone against the wrath of a new race of gods?
- Or has the Civil War provided the Uprising Storm with the perfect opportunity to master the world and change it forever?
- Wilson Fisk has reason to believe that one of his own men is staging a coup—and killing those who won’t surrender their loyalty.
- But mutiny becomes the least of Fisk’s worries when the Punisher launches an attack on the Kingpin’s safe house.
- Can the Fisk keep his business afloat with his cronies dropping like flies, and Frank Castle gunning for him, or is this finally the end of the reign of the KINGPIN?
- The A.I.M. vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. vs. W.H.I.S.P.E.R. war screams towards a heart-shredding climax!
- It’s a battle to the finish aboard a crashing Air Force One! And no matter who wins, Marvel-Earth will never be the same!
- WE BEG OF YOU, TRUE BELIEVER—DO NOT REVEAL THE SHOCKING TWISTS WITHIN THESE PAGES TO MAN OR BEAST!
- Spotlight on the All-New Wasp as she finds her loyalties torn by the war—and seeks guidance in the most unexpected place.
- The Unity Squad’s mutants go rogue, no pun intended, as they search for a solution to the Terrigen Mist problem that’s been killing their brethren.
- Steve Rogers makes a shocking decision, and the Unity Squad will never be the same!
- Doctor Voodoo’s brother’s makes a deal with the devil. (Actually, The Hand, and they’re way worse.)
- It’s the end of an era as the events of Civil War II come right to Tony Stark’s front door. Could this be the end of Iron Man as we know him?
- In the middle of the events of Civil War, Tony finds out the truth about his parents and their connection to the history of the Marvel Universe.
- The Ultimates are at war – with each other!
- Can they solve their problems and come together in time to face the real threat…
- …or will Thanos and his new acolyte destroy them all?
- Thanks to the predictions of Ulysses, Warrior Woman now intends to resurrect Namor no matter the risk. To this end, she needs Reed Richards’ time machine, locked away in the Baxter Building…
- …And the Squadron Supreme and their new ally, the real Power Princess, will risk everything to stop her.
- Even if it means facing the current owner of the Baxter Building…Spider-Man!
- Meanwhile, Nighthawk remains missing—looking for information on Ulysses and the Civil War raging around them. The first step to a major event in the future of the Squadron!
- Captain Marvel thought she had it figured out—change the future and save lives. But as friendships turn cold, she has to decide how far she’s willing to go…
- The fates of NICO MINORU, a mysterious missing girl named Alice, and a small town in Colorado are all tied together as CIVIL WAR II heats up and threatens to tear A-FORCE apart.
- The team, with ELSA BLOODSTONE in foul-mouthed tow, splits up to hunt down the apparent source of the trouble in the hopes of saving the town.
- However, it soon becomes apparent that all is not what it seems with the team—A-Force is changing—and by morning there may not be anyone left to save the day.
- PHIL COULSON’s THIRD FACTION is hitting the battlefield of CIVIL WAR II!
- But how will they fare against Coulson’s former teammates and their new leader, ELEKTRA??
- Sides are being chosen and these AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. will never be the same.
- With the BLACK PANTHER watching his every step, the HULK takes on a mysterious new arch-enemy. But who is AMADEUS really after?
- Iron Man has taken the fight back to New Attilan!
- When the War is over, will the Royal Family ever be the same again?
- Ms. Marvel struggles to put her life and Jersey City back together after devastation strikes. Fists up, Buttercup, time to take matters into your own hands.
- After the [REDACTED] in Civil War II, Jessica Drew has no choice but to put on her private investigator gloves and enter the fray.
- But with a baby at home, Jessica has to tread more carefully than ever…
- Ulysses’ latest prediction has the whole Marvel Universe on Miles’ tail
- Escape is out of the question, but survival might be, too.
- MIGUEL and his allies race the clock to save CAPTAIN AMERICA from certain doom.
- But the mysterious new CEO of ALCHEMAX has called in S.H.I.E.L.D. to put an end to the super power problem for good.
- Outnumbered. Outgunned. Can Spidey find his friend and get back to the present when the entire world is against him?
- Trapped on a ship full of super hero cosplayers, Bobbi investigates the murder of one of the passengers. But this ship of fools has dark secrets. Someone is pulling the strings.
- Bobbi, Hunter, and a motley band of surprisingly committed cosplayers must puzzle out the conspiracy as the ship continues to circle the Bermuda Triangle.
- The Guardians’ allegiances are split right down the middle, and tensions have NEVER been higher!
- Will they be too busy fighting to guard the galaxy?
- Will that even matter if they can’t leave Earth?
- We don’t mean to be carpet-braggers, but you’ll have to (Ulysses S.) grant that these are the best issues of the entire event!
- When Rocket, Groot, and Gwenpool all go after the same bounty in Georgia, the results are antebellum-believable!
- Get-tysburg as many copies as you can!
- In his fight with Flash, Spidey held all the cards—will the symbiote take back the advantage by TAKING OVER Spider-Man?
- Can Venom control his rage?! Can Spidey contain his BIGGEST secret?!
- And while Flash’s duty to the GUARDIANS brought him to Earth—he won’t forget his responsibility to old teammates.
- GABBY’s life hangs in the balance, with her death having been predicted to be cut short by none other than OLD MAN LOGAN.
- As the shocking prediction looks to be coming true, LAURA’s world is torn apart.
- Old Man Logan might be too old to stand against the fury of the ALL-NEW WOLVERINE.
- One thing everyone who knows Deadpool agrees on…
- …they’d really love to sock him one!
- You don’t need a vision to tell you Deadpool’s gonna screw up his life!
- Danny’s in a CAGE, so LUKE is getting him OUT!
- Will his crack team of former criminals and their associates be a help or a hindrance?
- And how will CAPTAIN MARVEL react to ULYSSES’ prediction that Luke will lead a prison break? (The kid might be on to something…)
- Ulysses experiences one of his first terrifying visions.
- So why won’t Karnak help him prevent this disaster?
- THE FLOCK is tired of running. They’re ready to take the fight directly to JEB and the ERASERS!
- But things get complicated when the line between friend and enemy is blurred.
- And all the while, MAXIMUM RIDE keeps hearing that voice in her head – the voice that says she’s destined to save the world!
- Sam Alexander has led a busy life as NOVA, but after all of his intergalactic gallivanting, is it time to hang up the helmet?
- Thor’s crusade against the corporate overlords of Midgard reaches its climax–and the lives of all New Yorkers hang in the balance.
- The Goddess of Thunder and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Roz Solomon make their final stand against the Exterminatrix and the Silver Samurai.
- And Roz and Thor get help from the most unexpected source: Jane Foster.
- The murder of a famous warlock takes the SCARLET WITCH to KYOTO, JAPAN!
- But little does she know, that as WANDA hunts the murderer, the murderer is also hunting her!!!
- The Avengers draw a line in the sand. They tell Vision he is not to cross this line. If he does, they will destroy him. “Remember,” they say. “You’re an Avenger. First. Always.” “Stay where you are,” they say. “Don’t cross the line,” they say. Vision nods. He tells them he understands.
- Then Vision crosses the line.
- The end is coming for the most critically acclaimed book of the year, and no one is safe. Don’t miss the issue everyone will be talking about.
- Also, hail Hydra.
- Slithering super villains, it’s a syndicate of snake-themed sinners!
- The sinister Sidewinder amasses an army of ophidian offenders — including Cottonmouth, Diamondback and Princess Python — for his mercenary Serpent Society!
- In Captain America’s first brush with the team, he’ll land in the arms of Anaconda! But whose side will he take when the Society targets M.O.D.O.K. for death?
- Look back at the Society’s original incarnation as Cap and the Falcon contend with the Serpent Squad!
- Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #163, #310, #313 and #315.
- Still learning about Earth, some of the Tsum Tsums take inspiration fromthe less noble superhumans…and cause about as much mayhem!
- Darren Cross is mad, and looking to get even. He’s grimacing and shaking his fists, like, constantly. Tough guy to be around.
- BEFORE “DEAD NO MORE” marches you closer to the Spider-Event of 2016.
- THE MOMENT YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR HAS COME!
- Doc Ock has been trapped in the body of The Living Brain since the first issue, but now it’s time for him to act!
- Her name is ITSY-BITSY and she’s Spider-Man and Deadpool’s WORST NIGHTMARE!
- A reminder – EVERY issue of this series has sold out SEVERAL times. Don’t let the issue be spoiled while you wait for the third or fourth print of this book! Call your retailer and reserve your copy now!
- AN ASTOUNDING ASSEMBLY OF ARACHNIDS ALL IN ONE PLACE FOR YOU TO ENJOY!
- But will all of them survive?!
- Spidey versus Captain America!
- Nah, just kidding. Spidey teams up with Captain America!
- What sort of ropes will Spidey learn from the Living Legend?
- The survivors of the Anti-Carnage Task Force have followed Cletus Kasady into his trap!
- Surrounded by Carnage-infected monsters and with nowhere to run, how many survivors will be left?
- Silk’s search for her parents takes her somewhere unexpected—THE NEGATIVE ZONE!!!
- What the heck have her parents been doing in the Negative Zone?!
- The most surprising book has a few doozies coming up this month!
- Accidentally swallowed by Jumbonox the Giganormous, the Surfer and Dawn are rescued by a society of sentient macro-microorganisms…
- …who, by no fault of their own, might just be the deadliest disease in the universe.
- Join Chip (Zdarsky) and Joe (Quinones) as they say goodbye to Howard in a Very Special Issue that is still priced as a Regular Issue!
- Can Howard outwit fate? Can any of us? Or is the concept of predestination just shorthand for the near-infinite factors in play that are guided, at their core, by free will?
- Guest-starring Spider-Man, probably.
- KILLER THRILL—bounty hunter/violence-powered psychic—kidnapped Drax’s baby dragon friend!
- Drax’s entire motley crew from CM Punk and Cullen Bunn’s hilarious, brutal run are here for the showdown.
- Will there be enough of Drax left to rejoin the Guardians, or (more importantly) to kill Thanos?!?
- Will Gorgon finally reunite with his estranged son?
- Where do the NuHumans go from here?
- All these questions will be answered in this issue.
- MOON GIRL is gearing up for her biggest challenge ever: the 4TH GRADE SCIENCE FAIR!
- DEVIL DINOSAUR is doing everything he can to keep away KID KREE!
- And a new Full Moon is going to drive LUNELLA crazy!
- A serial killer who turns his victims into works of art is on the loose
- Can DAREDEVIL and BLINDSPOT stop him before he reveals his next “masterpiece”?
- The Punisher tracks Condor’s EMC operation to its source…a deserted psychiatric hospital.
- Can Frank take down an asylum full of drug-enhanced killers, or will he become an inmate himself?!
- Agent Ortiz is close behind. She’s rescuing her partner, and she’s done with following protocol.
- Marc Spector broke his body to escape the prison Khonshu built for his mind…
- …And Stephen Grant awoke in New York City, ready to produce Marvel’s next box-office smash!
- It’s a happy ending—unless Marc is still trapped somewhere.
- Gwen’s “team-up” with Miles Morales ends…badly!
- Man, oh, man, she is not a good person! It gets dark!
- We promise this is not a Civil War II tie-in!
- T’Challa’s failures as king are revealed to the UNITED NATIONS!
- Ayo and Aneka, the Midnight Angels, are courted by Tetu and The People to raise Wakanda to glory, but at what price?
- The storyline that has critics raving and retailers selling out continues!
- After the Empirikul destroyed almost all the world’s magic and nearly killed Doctor Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme must try and build himself back up.
- Witness the return of BARON MORDO! But what effect did the Empirikul attack have on him?!
- Clea comes back into Doctor Strange’s life as he’s picking up the pieces from the worst beating he’s ever taken.
- Clea’s going to make that battle look like a walk in the park.
- Also in this issue… WHO ARE THE SORCERERS SUPREME?!
- Boy problems. Who’s got ‘em? Patsy Walker, that’s who.
- Let’s get lost in the final issue of our second arc (what?!) as Patsy makes the most of the fight against her (mostly) evil exes.
- Hellcat didn’t just come here to dance—she came to save her friends and save the day!
- While riots and racial unrest ravage the city of Chicago, NIGHTHAWK squares off against the serial killer known as THE REVELATOR.
- Can Nighthawk stop the killer from fanning the flames that engulf the city, or is it already too late?
- Everyone gets a week-long break from class, and Squirrel Girl is taking Nancy to visit her parents up in Canada! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG, RIGHT?
- Turns out, nothing! It’s a great trip and nothing of note happens and our comic is actually EXTREMELY DULL. Sorry everyone.
- No, just kidding! Our comic is actually SUPER AWESOME and things get real crazy real quick once a certain super-powered villain nobody has heard of for over a decade reappears!
- That’s right! This comic features mysteries AND Canadians AND camping, not to mention our ALREADY super-enticing focus on squirrel powers!
- Let’s see Howard the Duck promise you THAT.
- Election Day is upon us and Loki-mania has reached its height! The American people have spoken and THEY WANT LOKI.
- But Nisa’s not buying it. She had a bad feeling about Loki from the get go and she’s finally got proof that he’s up to no good. Too bad no one will listen.
- Bald Eagles! Odin bless the Troops! ‘Mericuh! VOTE LOKI!
- LOGAN is forced to confront the mysterious SILENT ORDER — a group of warrior monks who threatened his life in the WASTELAND!
- Logan will have to team-up with LADY DEATHSRIKE in order to escape his foes…postponing the revenge he desperately wants to take against her, one of his oldest enemies.
- Will the might of both Lady Deathstrike and Logan be enough to escape the lair of the Silent Order?
- Nightcrawler and Iceman are scouring the globe for their teammate, Colossus, hoping to save him from the influence of Apocalypse…but it may be they’re the ones in need of rescue!
- Meanwhile, Storm and Magik run into trouble as they race across parallel dimensions in search of a missing young mutant…
- When the Terrigen Cloud threatens to wash over a prison and the warden refuses to protect its mutant inmates, the Extraordinary X-Men take matters into their own hands…and stage a PRISON BREAK!
- And when Moon Girl takes it upon herself to solve the Terrigen crisis, she may just find an unlikely ally…
- Now that Genesis has learned that there may not be any hope of escaping his destiny of becoming the maniacal villain Apocalypse, will he continue to fight his future…or surrender to it?
- It may be moot, as the All-New X-Men come face-to-face with the threat that will spell doom for their entire species: THE INHUMANS and THE TERRIGEN MIST¬!
- The X-Men join THE HELLFIRE CLUB?!
- To investigate a string of violent attacks perpetrated by mutants, the Uncanny X-Men ally themselves with their (former?) foes.
- But what they’re about to uncover may be too much for even their combined might to handle…
- Deadpool 2099 returns once more!
- Wade’s two daughters fight for the Deadpool name!
- Plus…another of Wade’s old “teammates” shows up!
- Discover…the secret, unearthed, never-before-viewed pilot…
- …of DEADPOOL AND HIS INSUFFERABLE PALS!
- Featuring…wait, Iceman and Firestar? This isn’t right…
- Lilapalooza has gone off the rails as the X-Men have been teleported into space!
- Now, they face some old enemies made new as THE BROOD attack!
- Meanwhile, on Earth, The Toadies keep rocking as X-Factor comes knocking!
- The con comes to close!
- Will Deadpool and Gambit get away with the money?
- And…why on Earth is Wade now…DEADFIST?
- The Mercs have spoken—Deadpool sucks!
- At being their leader, I mean! Deadpool is still awesome.
- Please keep buying his comics.
- It’s 1944, and Bucky has been captured by Baron Zemo!
- Decades before the Avengers ever formed, Captain America stands alone!
- Or does he? There’s something very familiar about all of this…
- The Guardians travel to Attilan—the spacefaring home city of the Inhumans!
- And as guests of the Royal Family, they’re in for a nice, relaxing visit…
- …unless they get wrapped up in the middle of a backstabbing family plot…or Ronan decides to wipe out the city for good!
- But what are the odds of that?
- Reality is on the verge of collapse!
- Doc Ock and Baron Mordo try to summon the Goblin from an alternate universe, and Spidey needs help!
- Enter: Miles Morales and Doctor Strange!
- But…is even the Master of the Mystic Arts skilled enough to prevent reality from collapsing?
- Rey, Finn, Han and Chewie have reached Maz Kanata’s castle…
- …but the Force is calling Rey to Luke’s lightsaber!
- Meanwhile, our heroes have been discovered! The First Order strikes!
- Poe and Agent Terex are in a race…to break out of jail!
- But with Black Squadron surrounded by deadly inmates…
- …Their only hope is BB-8?!?
- The rebels have pulled off the impossible…they’ve stolen a Star Destroyer.
- But why? To what end? Can they hold her together?
- And who’s in charge of this madness, anyway – Han or Leia?
- Han has a traitor to the Rebellion on board the Falcon!
- But can he figure out who it is before they get him killed?
- And more importantly…can he stay in the Dragon Void race?!?
After an intrepid chase across the galaxies, Emporia and the gang arrive at her long-lost sister’s planet to escape Morax’s murderous rampage. Embedded within this new-age sanctuary, Dane and Emporia decide to let their hair down a little and enjoy each other’s company. They are being watched though, and Daddy’s little girl is out for revenge.
The full story of Marvel’s most mystery-shrouded mutant, revealed at last! Long before he became an X-Man, before he was transformed by Weapon X, he was a boy named James Howlett. But what tragedy could strike that would set him on the path to becoming the ferocious Wolverine? Follow young James from a life of privilege and that fateful first “snikt,” through the devastating events that rip him from his family and ultimately drive him into the wilderness. There, in the snowy wilds of Canada, the feral young man now known as Logan will encounter another mutant very much like him, also torn between man and animal. One who could be his greatest ally — or his fiercest foe. For when Logan meets Victor Creed, a rivalry for the ages is born! Collecting ORIGIN #1-6 & ORIGIN II #1-5.
Written by ROB LIEFELD, FABIAN NICIEZA, JEPH LOEB, TOM BREVOORT, MIKE KANTEROVICH, MARK WAID, LARRY HAMA, ERIC STEPHENSON, JOHN OSTRANDER, JAMES FELDER, GLENN HERDLING, GREGORY WRIGHT, CHRIS GOLDEN, MARC ANDREYKO & MORE
The Merc with a Mouth meets the Marvel Universe in this hardcover collecting every one of his appearances before his industry-changing ongoing series — and then some! Deadpool debuts as a thorn in Cable’s side, but soon starts rubbing shoulders with heroes everywhere — from Wolverine to Nomad! Hanging with the Heroes for Hire, secreting himself in the Defenders and battling the Avengers’ Black Knight, he’s a social animal! But there’s still time for solo shenanigans in Deadpool’s first two classic miniseries! Collecting NEW MUTANTS (1983) #98; X-FORCE (1991) #2, #11, #15, #47 and #56; NOMAD (1992) #4; DEADPOOL: THE CIRCLE CHASE #1-4; SECRET DEFENDERS #15-17; DEADPOOL (1994) #1-4; WOLVERINE (1988) #88 and #154-155; HEROES FOR HIRE (1997) #10-11; DEADPOOL TEAM-UP (1998) #1; and material from AVENGERS (1963) #366, SILVER SABLE & THE WILD PACK #23, and WOLVERINE ANNUAL ’95 and ’99.
The world’s greatest super hero goes global! Parker Industries is more successful than ever, with new offices in Shanghai, London and San Francisco. Peter Parker is racking up the frequent-flyer miles — with his “bodyguard” Spider-Man in tow! But success breeds enemies, like the astrological Zodiac, who have widened their scope to threaten the entire planet — and they’ll battle Spider-Man all across Europe in a massive final showdown! Plus: Someone in Africa is masquerading as a member of the Goblin family, and it’s up to everyone’s favorite wall-crawler to investigate. And in China, the malevolent Mister Negative has two of Spidey’s former friends in his thrall — the fan-favorite duo Cloak and Dagger! Spidey’s neighborhood is bigger than ever, but it’s far from friendly! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2015) #1-11.
He’s annoying. He’s dangerous. He smells terrible. But the public loves him! That’s right — 25 years after his introduction, the Merc with a Mouth is now an Avenger and the world’s most popular hero. Eat that, Spidey! But with great popularity comes overbearing responsibility, so Wade has called in a little help being him. You won’t believe — or recognize — who he signed up! (Unless you’ve memorized the entire Official Handbook.) But when an imposter sets out to ruin Deadpool, our hero has the perfect bait to lure the baddie out: his innocent daughter, Ellie! Plus: Jump decades into the future for an even-newer, even-different-er Deadpool 2099! And in an entirely Spanish-language tale, meet Masacre — the Deadpool of Mexico! This book has more Deadpool than you can handle! Collecting DEADPOOL (2015) #1-7 and #3.1: TRES PUNTO UNO.
The award-winning creative team that turned Daredevil’s life upside down sets its sights on Iron Man! But who is Tony Stark? Since learning he was adopted, this question has cast a shadow over his life. Now, it’s time to uncover his true legacy — a journey that will carry Tony into new directions as both a man and an armored adventurer. Alongside unlikely quasi-ally Doctor Doom, Iron Man will discover answers to questions he never knew existed! But as a new international crime boss beats him at every turn, can Tony unravel the mystery of his past before deadly history repeats itself? Revelations will send him reeling — and even if Iron Man makes it out alive, his new standing in the Marvel Universe might be the death of him! Collecting INTERNATIONAL IRON MAN #1-6.
As mutantkind’s oldest enemy haunts the X-Men once again, three teams face war on multiple fronts, across different eras! The All-New X-Men are on a mission to write their own futures — especially Evan Sabahnur, destined to one day become Apocalypse! Trapped in Ancient Egypt, is he willing to escape his fate by changing the course of history? A thousand years from now, the Extraordinary X-Men are Homo superior’s last hope against Apocalypse — but his newest Horseman is one of their own! And the Uncanny X-Men are drawn into the fray when Archangel once again assumes the guise of Death. Does this mean Apocalypse is rising again in the present — or will Magneto’s team face a new kind of Genocide? Collecting ALL-NEW X-MEN (2015) #9-11, EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #8-12 and UNCANNY X-MEN (2016) #6-10.
Godfather of undead lore George Romero unleashes his latest epic — pitting zombies against vampires! Years after the dead rose, Manhattan has been quarantined — but that doesn’t mean everyone inside is safe! For another ancient predator has taken a bloody bite out of the Big Apple — yes, vampires rule! Zombies still roam, and some are used for sport in the bloody arena known as the Circus Maximus. But while the rival groups of ghouls clash, the remaining humans are caught in the crossfire. And when outside forces knock on Manhattan’s walls, more death rains down from above! As Mayor Chandrake makes dangerous power plays, can the blood-suckers keep their grip on the city? Or are they heading for all-out war over the Empire of the Dead? Collecting GEORGE ROMERO’S EMPIRE OF THE DEAD: ACT ONE #1-5, ACT TWO #1-5 and ACT THREE #1-5.
The world’s most famous Avenger is about to face one of his greatest challenges in the latest Iron Man Masterworks! A feud of epic proportions has been growing amongst the world’s super villains. The mysterious Black Lama pits villain against villain in a globe-spanning battle royale and the prize is ultimate power. It pits the Mandarin against the Yellow Claw, M.O.D.O.K. against the Mad Thinker and everyone against Iron Man! It’s a saga like only Marvel makes them — “The War of the Super-Villains!” The story’s surprise twists will even bring Iron Man to sunny southern California and San Diego Comic Con! (Hope he pre-registered!) Also featuring the towering threat of Ultimo and Iron Man’s return to Vietnam to rescue a friend behind enemy lines. Collecting IRON MAN (1968) #68-81.
They’ve crossed the dimensions, purging each of all sorcery. Now the Empirikul are here. And with Earth’s Master of the Mystic Arts weakened beyond measure, is there any chance of stopping them? The Sorcerer is no longer Supreme, and he’ll find himself at the mercy of the Imperator! With his magic destroyed and his world on the brink of disaster, are there any more tricks left up Strange’s sleeves? Or failing that, how about some cool weapons? Plus: As the Empirikul wreak havoc on magic users across the Marvel Universe, discover Wong’s ultimate sacrifice, watch Brother Voodoo make a stand, and meet a new player just as she’s about to lose the game! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (2015) #6-10 and DOCTOR STRANGE: LAST DAYS OF MAGIC #1.
The world is falling apart. Violent crime is surging while the global economy craters. Doctor Stephen Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme, has defeated demonic hordes, battled evil wizards and tirelessly defended our realm against invading interdimensional armies. But when a dangerous dream begins inspiring normal people to act out their darkest ambitions, even Doctor Strange is pushed to his very limits. Working alongside his longtime nemesis, Nightmare, the Sorcerer Supreme must delve into the nightmares, delusions and desires of an entire planet. To save the Dream Realms, he’ll have to give up some illusions of his own — including his heroism. And in the fallout, what dreams will haunt the Sorcerer Supreme?
It’s Doctor Strange at his very best, brought to you by a host of top-flight creators including Roy Thomas, Gene Colan, Stan Lee and Barry Windsor-Smith! They’ll take you on a trip to the dark side of the Marvel Universe, and bring you before the Undying Ones, Baron Mordo, the cosmic threat of Eternity and the eldritch horror of Shuma-Gorath! Then, Steve Englehart and Frank Brunner break new boundaries of cosmic consciousness and other-dimensional adventure. Their all-time classic “Sise-Neg Genesis” and “Silver Dagger” sagas are strikingly personal epics featuring deliriously lush art and stories that plumb the depths of Strange’s soul! Also: Witness the death of the Ancient One, and Doctor Strange’s ascension to Sorcerer Supreme! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (1968) #180-183, SUB-MARINER (1968) #22, INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #126, MARVEL FEATURE (1971) #1, MARVEL PREMIERE #3-14 and DOCTOR STRANGE (1974) #1-5.
Doctor Strange turns Marvel Knight and plays supernatural detective when a series of bizarre robberies and a spate of spontaneous combustions set him on the trail of an old enemy. Magic meets noir in an atmospheric Strange tale! Plus: In stories from standout creators, the good Doctor makes a deal with the devil, and the former surgeon must be a very different kind of healer when he hears of a man’s deep grief. The Master of the Mystic Arts will duel with demons; meet the Bottle Imp; and face odd reflections of friends, foes and himself. Discover the darker side of Doctor Strange! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (1999) #1-4; MYSTIC HANDS OF DOCTOR STRANGE; and material from MARVEL SHADOWS AND LIGHT (1997), SHADOWS & LIGHT (1998) #2 and MARVEL DOUBLE-SHOT #4.
By the Hoary Hues of Hoggoth! Marvel’s most psychedelic super hero has been stripped of all pigment and left trapped in a world of black and white! The Sorcerer Supreme needs you to step forward and take your place as Earth’s Colorist Complete! So grab your pens, pencils or crayons, and prepare to brandish them like the Wand of Watoomb — working your magic on page after page of line art starring Strange and his greatest friends and foes! You’ll be incanting the Shades of the Seraphim, the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak and the Ruby Rings of Raggadorr in no time! But worry not if you’re struggling to keep your kaleidoscope of color inside the lines — beauty is in the Eye of Agamotto!
- Can Spider-Man and Iron Fist help Strange stop the demon named Nightmare before he puts the whole world into an endless sleep?
- Even with the Hulk’s help, can Strange defend the Earth against the Dread Dormammu?
- When Captain America vaults in, will shield and sorcery be enough to stop a soul-devouring monster?
- The Doc goes it alone for another round with Dormammu, and then takes Spidey on a mind-bending journey across the realities!
- Strange tales one and all, for the whole family to enjoy!
Marvel’s exploration of author Stephen King’s dark fantasy world continues! The Gunslinger has taken Odetta Holmes to Mid-World to join his quest to reach the Dark Tower, but little do Roland and Eddie know that Odetta has a dark side that poses a threat to everything! And when love begins to blossom, one of their lives will be put at risk! Meanwhile, Roland’s illness is becoming critical, and that means drastic action is required. As Odetta’s personal struggle comes to a head, the Gunslinger seeks out the assassin Jack Mort — and ends up in a shootout on the streets of New York! The stakes are higher than ever — yet deeply personal — as King’s epic saga twists and turns! Collecting DARK TOWER: THE DRAWING OF THE THREE — BITTER MEDICINE #1-5.
Head far into the future of long ago! A new evil has arisen, shattering a resurgent Empire and seeking to put an end to the Jedi once and for all. The Sith Lord Darth Krayt sits on the throne. Only one hope remains — the last remaining heir to the Skywalker legacy. Cade may be strong in the Force — but years after a tragedy, he is a bounty hunter, working with Jariah Syn and Deliah Blue. When he reluctantly finds himself at the center of galactic turmoil, Cade may be forced to embrace his heritage. But will the path on which he embarks be one of redemption, or damnation? Collecting STAR WARS: LEGACY (2006) #0-19.
Little is ever black and white in the age-old conflict between the Jedi and the Sith…. Now, it’s up to you to bring the color to that war-torn galaxy far, far away! Faced with page after page of fantastic Star Wars artwork, it’s your job to add hues to Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Artoo, Threepio, Vader and more! So choose your weapon — and remember, the crayon is mightier than the lightsaber! Will you turn to the dark side, or favor pastel shades? Will you press gently, or will your Force be strong? Will you stick to the canon, or go wild with a scarlet Skywalker, a fuchsia Fett or a violet Vader? There’s only one rule: Color, or color not, there is no try!
Darth Vader has been secretly pursuing his own agenda, but now it is time for the End of Games. As Inspector Thanoth returns with some startling information, it seems that Vader may have passed his master’s tests. But even after finding favor in the eyes of the Emperor, the Dark Lord’s schemes may yet prove his undoing. While killer droids Triple-Zero and Beetee wreak havoc in their own homicidal adventure, the Empire’s dreadnought The Executor moves closer to launch. But Vader faces tumultuous battles with the cybernetic Cylo — and himself! Lost in visions of the Force, is he now more machine than man? Or can he fight his way back from the brink to see his missions and machinations finally come to fruition? The imperial march of the dark side reaches a crescendo! Collecting DARTH VADER #20-25.
Crystal and her All-New Crew head to China to uncover the truth about the mysterious monoliths known as the Skyspears. But one of them will turn Crys from the group’s fearless leader into their most fearsome foe! Will even a helping hand from the Amazing Spider-Man be enough to stop a woman who can control the four elements? Where the Spider crawls, a Kraven is never far behind — and Ana Kravinoff more than lives up to her family name! She’ll take the team on a hunt to the wilds of Africa in search of a hidden Inhuman tribe. But who are they? What is their connection to Flint? And what crime could put Gorgon on trial? A sibling rivalry is in the cards, and sparks will fly as the answers are revealed! Collecting ALL-NEW INHUMANS #5-11.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Bobbi Morse, the former Avenger known as Mockingbird, goes solo! With a scientific mind and a lethal mastery of martial arts, she’s always been one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s best agents, but what happens when someone close to her is murdered? There are strange goings-on to investigate in the peacekeeping organization’s own medical-and-recovery network. But when Lance Hunter’s undercover gig at the London Hellfire Club goes south, Mockingbird sets off, battle staves at the ready, to save Hunter — and the Queen of England! From helping out a teen driven bonkers by her own new powers, to doing a little dog-sitting, Bobbi shows she’s a woman of many talents as best-selling author Chelsea Cain makes Mockingbird sing! Collecting MOCKINGBIRD #1-5 & MOCKINGBIRD: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50TH ANNIVERSARY #1.
Laura Kinney’s greatest battle so far has been fought, and won — but at what cost? As she and Gabby attempt to move on with their lives, her predecessor’s legacy continues to cast a long shadow. Laura is the Wolverine, but is she ready to meet this reality’s new arrival, Old Man Logan? He’s stepped out of a dystopian future into our world — and he’s about to bring a lot of carnage Laura’s way. But when a new CIVIL WAR divides the Marvel Universe, will these past and present Wolverines stand together? Or will they shred each other apart? And when the superhuman conflict puts those dearest to her in harm’s way, can Laura remain the hero she’s fought so hard to become — or will she finally succumb to her dark destiny? Collecting ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #7-12.
Extraordinary adventures demand Extraordinary X-Men, and no frontier is too wild for this crew! While one team of X-Men stages a daring rescue mission in Weirdworld, the members of another delve deep into their own teammate’s psyche! Weird is nothing new for hardened mutants like Old Man Logan, Colossus, Iceman and Magik — but are Storm and Jean Grey prepared for what lies in the mind of Nightcrawler? Then, to save the present, the X-Men race into a perilous future ruled by an old — and we mean old — enemy. They’re mutantkind’s last hope, but can they outrun the immortal Apocalypse and his new Horsemen? Before you answer that, you should know: One of those Horsemen is a Venom-powered Wolverine! A battle for the ages is about to begin — but who will survive the Apocalypse Wars? Collecting EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #6-12.
The All-New X-Men continue to chart their own path through a world that hates and fears them! And they live in the shadow of their fate — especially Cyclops, whose adult self’s actions are notorious. But together can these young mutants change their destiny? Beast will try, but can a man of science find the guidance he seeks from the Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange? Perhaps none among them faces the legacy of an older counterpart quite like Evan — a.k.a. Kid Apocalypse! Is he damned to become a genocidal madman like his namesake? Or can he somehow rise above? When the “Apocalypse Wars” begin, he will be tested like never before — both in the present and in the far past! They’re yesterday’s and tomorrow’s X-Men, and they’re fighting the future the only way they know how! Collecting ALL-NEW X-MEN (2015) #7-11.
For years, across two eras, Steve Rogers wielded his red-white-and-blue shield against unspeakable odds. For a time, his brother in arms, Bucky Barnes, picked it up. Now, Steve’s friend, Sam Wilson, has the honor. When all three men unite for a heroic STANDOFF with the evil that lurks in Pleasant Hill, the next age of Cap’s incredible legacy will begin! But as the small town’s secrets are exposed, even this heroic trio won’t be enough. The cry will go out like never before: Avengers Assemble! Celebrate a legend renewed in a tale 75 years in the making! Plus: stories honoring the impact and importance of Captain America throughout history! Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON #7-8 and AVENGERS STANDOFF: ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL ALPHA and OMEGA.
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Vision, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel and Nova are the All-New, All-Different Avengers — but can they stay together long enough to be more than a footnote in the team’s great history? Maybe not, when the events of STANDOFF pit them against the Uncanny Avengers. Who will prove themselves the mightiest Avengers of all? And things get worse as the mysteries of Pleasant Hill deepen! Then, as the team joins Nova on an intergalactic quest, they’ll find themselves in chains on the Stalag of Space! Plus: The Avengers must face someone new with an old name — one that goes all the way back to the beginning. Who is the All-Different Wasp? And is she friend or foe? Collecting ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #7-12 and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016: CIVIL WAR II.
It’s a clash between two vigilantes with very different ideas about justice! A simple change of venues for one of Matt Murdock’s cases becomes more complicated when the Punisher attempts to send the defendant away — permanently! If Daredevil and his protégé, Blindspot, want this Russian mobster to have his day in court, it will take everything they have. But all Frank Castle needs to get his job done is one bullet! And with the gangster’s associates also on his trail, getting him to the airport won’t be easy. Will the Punisher get the chance for a kill shot? Will Daredevil secure a fair trial in Texas, where the accused may still end up facing a lethal injection? Or will this matter of life and death be decided by…the Crimson Dynamo?! Collecting DAREDEVIL/PUNISHER (2016) #1-4.
Loki is many things: god, trickster, brother, son, villain, even hero. Now he wants to add one more title to the list: President of the United States! That’s right, the God of Lies wants to be ruler of the free world! But is this just another scheme? One fact is certain: With Loki’s winning smile and silver tongue on the campaign trail, this election just got a lot more interesting! He’ll soon have the American people eating out of the palm of his hand, but can would-be President Laufeyson sway the media? And what will be his response when the heroes of Earth launch their attack ad? A crisis in Latveria offers Loki the chance to demonstrate his foreign policy…but surely he wouldn’t cause a national catastrophe just for a little good press? Would he? Collecting VOTE LOKI #1-4 — plus the God of Mischief’s classic first appearance from JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #85, and his own retelling of the origin of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes from AVENGERS (1963) #300.
In a lonely corner of Canada, the quiet town of Killhorn Falls seems like the perfect place for Old Man Logan to retreat to and make peace with his new life in the present-day Marvel Universe. But there’s never any escape for the man who was once Wolverine. When Lady Deathstrike and her Reavers come for him, can Logan protect the people of Killhorn Falls — and the only thing in the present that he hopes will survive to meet him in the future? This is the X-Man at his most fundamental: his back to the wall — and survival riding only on his wits, his determination and his Adamantium claws! It’s the ultimate cage match, and everything Old Man Logan cares about is on the line! Collecting OLD MAN LOGAN (2016) #5-8 and more!
Star-Lord and Star-Lady, sitting in a tree — no more! That’s right, the engagement of the galaxy is over! But Peter Quill and Kitty Pryde still have to share a ship…and work…and friends…and…yeesh. This is going to get awkward! Fortunately, they’re surrounded by caring, communicative teammates like…Drax…and Groot…and Rocket…hoo boy. But when their legendary breakup captures the Collector’s imagination, can Peter and Kitty put aside their differences and make it out of his clutches alive? It’s a cosmic conundrum that could make their split seem like a honeymoon! Plus: The Collector takes on the Avengers in three classic tales! Collecting STAR-LORD (2015) #6-8 and AVENGERS (1963) #28, #51 and #174.
Captain Marvel and the Avengers face the enemy within! When vicious echoes from the past of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes crop up all over Manhattan, Carol Danvers refuses to be grounded by her recent, mysterious loss of power. But who is the sinister figure behind the madness, and what does it have to do with Carol’s calamitous condition? And most disturbing of all, is this villain even real? Matters get worse as the events of INFINITY unfold. Carol goes cosmic — Binary cosmic — in an epic that rocks worlds, not least hers! But when she comes back to Earth with a bump, will her biggest fan be the key to rebuilding her life? Plus: Captain Marvel and Spider-Man share a big problem! Collecting CAPTAIN MARVEL (2012) #13-17, AVENGERS: THE ENEMY WITHIN #1, AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (2012) #16-19 and AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #9-10.
In the 1960s, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created an unprecedented string of classic comic-book heroes. But quite possibly the most iconic of them all was the high-tech king of Wakanda, the Black Panther! When the Panther began his own solo series, Don McGregor strove to meet Lee and Kirby’s high standard with “Panther’s Rage” – an epic adventure so huge it ranged across the savannah, into the deepest jungles and up snow-topped mountains. Over its course, McGregor would explore and expand the life and culture of the Wakandans and their African kingdom in compelling detail. Then, he sent the Black Panther into very different but still dangerous territory — the American South — seeking justice for a murder connected to the Klan and the Soul Strangler! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #52-53 and JUNGLE ACTION (1972) #6-24.
Payback time! But for the Heroes for Hire, vengeance cuts both ways. When the killing machine known as Warhawk beats Danny to a pulp, Luke will take his pound of flesh in return. But he’s not the only one out to settle a score. The terrifying tag-team of Sabretooth and Constrictor are old foes out for blood — and to get the message across, they target Power Man and Iron Fist’s friends! And they’re not Luke and Danny’s only headache, as the heroes must take on the malignant Mole Man and the mountain-climbing Montenegro! Then there’s one of their strangest gigs: finding the missing vigilante Moon Knight! But when the heroes are hired to protect the lawyers Nelson and Murdock, will their biggest problem be Daredevil? Collecting POWER MAN AND IRON FIST (1978) #71-72 and #74-89, and DAREDEVIL (1964) #178.
The Punisher takes on all comers as his bloody war on crime continues! Frank Castle has faced some fearsome foes in his day, but none as stone-cold rotten to the bone as the Barracuda. He’s big, he’s mean, and the last thing on Earth you want is to see him smile. Then, as British Special Forces and Taliban insurgents face off in the Afghan highlands, Frank enters a grudge match with General Nikolai Alexandrovich Zakharov, a Soviet war criminal known as the Man of Stone. Zakharov has a platoon of elite shock troops, but the Punisher has allies of his own. But even that hell can’t match the fury of five women scorned. Frank killed their husbands, and now they’re out for payback. Collecting PUNISHER (2004) #31-49.
He’s got Marvel’s most rotten family tree: His sister is Satana, and dear old dad is none other than the Father of Lies himself! So is there any saving the soul of Daimon Hellstrom, the sensational Son of Satan? The world’s best-dressed exorcist will ride to the rescue of Ghost Rider and fight alongside the Thing and the Human Torch! Flaming trident at the ready, pentagram on his chest, he’ll contend with ice demons, a fire dragon, an Egyptian god, nihilists and folks who worship his father! Speaking of which, Daimon must endure an unhappy paternal reunion and a sibling rivalry with his succubus sis. They’re the relatives from hell — literally! Collecting GHOST RIDER (1973) #1-2, MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1971) #12-24, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #32, SON OF SATAN #1-8 and MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #14.
Spider-Man’s clone is back — and the real Spidey is beside himself! Peter thought his clone was long dead, but where has Ben Reilly been for the last five years? Why has he returned? Is he Peter Parker’s dark side…or his better half? And does Miles Warren, the unbalanced Jackal, have anything to do with it? Everyone wants answers, and the cloaked killer Kaine is ready to rip them out of whoever has them! Plus: Venom and Vermin! Carnage and Chameleon! New allies, new enemies and a new crimefighting identity! No other Spider-storyline was as innovative or infamous as the 1990s Clone Saga, and you can follow it right from the start! Collecting SPIDER-MAN: THE LOST YEARS #0-3, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #117-119, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #394, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #51-53, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #217 and material from SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) #7.
Johnny Blaze and Dan Ketch race side by side as the Spirits of Vengeance as Marvel’s Midnight Sons rise to face a hellish threat like no other! Former Ghost Rider Blaze joins Ketch, his successor, and fellow Sons including Morbius, Blade, the Nightstalkers and the Darkhold Redeemers in the fight against Lilith, Mother of Demons, and her horrifying progeny! Then, Blaze and Ghost Rider target Hag and Troll, but they’re not the only ones on the trail. So is Venom! And where the sinister symbiote goes, can Spider-Man be far behind? Collecting GHOST RIDER (1990) #28 and #31, GHOST RIDER/BLAZE: SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE #1-6, MORBIUS: THE LIVING VAMPIRE (1992) #1, DARKHOLD: PAGES FROM THE BOOK OF SINS #1, NIGHTSTALKERS #1, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #95-96 and material from MIDNIGHT SONS UNLIMITED #1.
A riotous roundup of stories by one of comics’ funniest cartoonists! Fred Hembeck roasts the Fantastic Four, aided and abetted by the 1980s’ best artists — then singlehandedly destroys the Marvel Universe! And it’s wall-crawling wackiness times three with Spider-Man, Spider-Ham and young Petey Parker! Plus: Who loves Hembeck’s humorous hoodoo with Brother Voodoo? You do! But wait — there’s more! Packed with gags, guffaws and groaners, it’s a heaping helping of Hembeck hilarity you just have to have! Collecting PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #86; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN DIGITAL #11 and #16; MARVEL TALES (1964) #216-217, #224-226, #235, #248 and #250-252; PETEY #1; FANTASTIC FOUR ROAST; FRED HEMBECK DESTROYS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE; and FRED HEMBECK SELLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE — plus material from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #23; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #9 and #11; WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #5; UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN #1 and ANNUAL ’97; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #7; PETER PORKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-HAM #4; MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) #1; WHAT IF? (1977) #34; BUG #1; STAN LEE MEETS SPIDER-MAN; WHAT THE—?! #4; IRON MAN (1968) #112; CAPTAIN AMERICA (2005) #50 and various MARVEL AGE, COLLECTORS’ PREVIEW, DIRECTOR’S CUT and DAILY BUGLE strips.
The path of romance rarely runs smoothly for the X-Men, and that goes double for mutantkind’s most ill-fated couple: Gambit and Rogue! The would-be lovers who dare not touch face ghosts from their pasts in adventures filled with thieves, assassins, reunions and revenge! Remy LeBeau returns to New Orleans when he hears rumors his late wife isn’t so late after all. But the key to fully reviving Bella Donna lies within the Thieves Guild that Gambit turned his back on! Will Remy’s father welcome him home with open arms? Or will his in-laws in the Assassins Guild meet him first with closed fists? There’s a tithe to be collected, and Gambit may pay the price! But will it be Rogue who suffers the most? Love hurts! Collecting GAMBIT (1993) #1-4 and ROGUE (1995) #1-4.
What made you pull list this July? Let us know in the comment section below.